Pregnancy is a period of great change for women, both in the physical, aesthetic as mood.
Some are faced with an acne problem while others do not. For the most severe forms, it is best to check for adequate treatment benefit. Follow our tips to curb the effects of acne during pregnancy.
Acne: common problem among pregnant women
Although all pregnant women do not have the same problems, some are faced with acne during the pregnancy buttons.
This is not easy to manage because the fact of being pregnant is integrating several factors involved in the occurrence of these buttons.
At this time, hormone levels are disrupted, promoting hypersecretion of sebum in the sebaceous glands and retention.
The acne problem wills primarily aesthetic result, as it does not threaten the course of pregnancy. Some women may suffer and become isolated or depressed or have interpersonal difficulties.
Tips for relieving acne during pregnancy
● Clean your skin daily and regularly with a cleaning solution, because it will eliminate excess sebum responsible for the appearance of pimples. Avoid using soap or shower gel and you can also use absorbent pads.
● Moisturize your skin using products made for this and drinking plenty of water. This helps to clean the pores.
● Pace buttons gently cleaning your skin and do not rub. It may spread bacteria to other parts of the body.
● Rely on natural products containing tea tree oil, the Aloe Vera gel or peppermint. Avoid products containing benzoyl peroxide.
● Eat a healthy diet of fresh fruits and vegetables to enjoy the benefits of vitamins.
● Do physical exercises for pregnant women in order to promote blood circulation to the skin.
● Enjoy your pregnancy serenely, without stress, despite the presence of acne.
Some acne treatments worse in pregnant women
Acne during pregnancy is not a problem to be taken lightly. Even though it has no effect on his health, it is best to follow some rules of healthy living for relief. Sometimes it can actually get worse.
In this case, it is best to consult a doctor or a specialist in dermatology to enjoy adequate treatment against acne.
Only the doctor can know the right drugs, because you should know that many anti-acne products are cons-indicated in pregnant women.
Some examples of anti-acne products that can be used during the period of gestation are: zinc, tetracycline, accutane and retinaldehyde with vitamin A.
Benzoyl peroxide can be used, but with caution. Antibiotics such as erythromycin are used orally or locally.